We found this little picture frame at Goodwill for .99 cents. It’s very simple and unassuming, but we thought it would be a really example of what you can do with a little imagination.
We took this picture frame and within less than an hour had a cute little distressed vanity tray. Our daughter Hannah has already requisitioned it for her room.
Most of us probably have some simple picture frame or small mirror laying around the house that would make a great vanity tray.
So, here’s what we did. Hope you enjoy!
- small picture frame (with glass) or small mirror
- chalk paint (2 colors)
- sandpaper or steel wool
- wax (optional)
1) Paint the frame with your main color. We did a basic white on this one
2) Paint the glass with your second color. We used a dark charcoal gray
3) Let the paint dry, then distress
When thoroughly dry distress as desired using the sandpaper around corners, edges and raised areas
4) Add wax if desired, otherwise you can now use it as a cute little vanity tray